I was having a nice dinner with a friend who was on travel in my area. We were almost finishing. Her phone rang. "yes dear,... having dinner with my friend, .. talk to you later", and she hung up a little upset! "He is checking on me!", she claims. "It is interesting", I say. If I were traveling and he did not call, I would complain "do not you wonder if I am dead or alive? If I arrived fine? Do not you think of me?".
Ok guys, you have my sympathies in this one. I guess there is no right or wrong behavior; It just depends on what is expected of you by your partner and if you meet those expectations or not!
p.s. This was just a simple observation and generalization. The context of the call, what is going on between the couple, and the information and feeling one receives matters too (among a zillion other things I guess). A kind caring call is easily distinguished from a controlling doubtful one by smart ears.
Monday, April 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment