Tuesday, April 17, 2012

You know what?

I work at a place, where people take their vacation time, spend money on air fare and hotel, to go to another site of their work to say see a shuttle launch or landing, or just see it on its last flight! The employer does not have to gather employees with free lunches and events and T-shirts (nor can they do it). We even have to pay for our cup of coffee or expect to be on national news about how we are wasting tax payers' money. Projects and missions are lifetime and generational contributions to science. They take many years, require a lot of patience and perseverance through out different political and financial climates, and a whole lot more of dreaming and believing in those dreams. Bureaucracy is a very small price for living so many childhood dreams and making so many of them come true. I do not think I can find such cool/wow factor, such dedication and happiness, at any other place. At least, it would be really hard for me.

No comments: