Friday, October 14, 2011

Words of Wisdom

She is a very intelligent and peaceful friend from graduate school. Her choices in life were different from most people who got a PhD in computer science. Though I do not share her religious views, both me and another close friend admire her manner and choices immensely. She prioritizes her tasks and reminds herself everyday what is important in life, and by doing so she keeps saying no to things that matter less, or to tasks that would take time away from things that matter to her.

It was over three years ago that she sent out an email to me and other close friends to share her experiences of the new chapter she had opened in her life. This morning I thought of her and that email. I searched in my mail box, craving to read those words. As if she had written and saved her words of wisdom and advice for today that I needed to hear them. I found the email. I read it. It was as if I had stepped into her office like the old times in graduate school and she was giving me advice. I felt calm and relax again. I looked at my response to her email over three years ago: "I am sure I will find reading this email useful during different times in my life. " Wow, how did I know this so clearly? I am not that bad myself.

No comments: