Friday, October 21, 2011

Choices choices choices.

These days I am appreciating the power of having choices and making decisions more and more in my life. I have realized that it has not always been the case that things that I said yes to greatly affected my life, but also things that I said no to. Looking back at the past few months, and even past few years, had I made those choices that presented themselves to me in beautiful packages, those that were very hard to resist and say no to, my life would have been very different. I would not have been truly myself. I would not have any room left in my life to say yes to those things that I cared about, that I loved, that I enjoyed. I would not have the opportunity to say yes to my hopes and dreams when the opportunity presented itself. I would not have been able to enjoy the company of the ones who I love had I chosen to spend my time with those I do not admire much. I am happy not just for the choices that I made, but also for those that I did not despite circumstances and everyone trying to convince me otherwise. I know, there is an irony, not doing something is making a choice too. We always have a choice, and we always make choices, and thank God for having the freedom and the choice to choose.

No comments: