Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What will it be?

This morning I have been watching videos of different planets, stars and galaxies. I saw surface of Mars, from Viking imagery to those of Spirit, Opportunity, and MOLA among others. I saw its mountains and valleys, its bays and volcano, all in 3D too! I saw Titan from Cassini. I saw a comet from Deep Impact.

It was break time. I opened Google reader. I saw images of water festivals, in color, on the other side of our planet! We have discovered new territories! Congratulations to us. Maybe now we know there can exist laughter, color and joy in our own streets, as ice could on Mars. There were some other stuff on Google reader too. I did not dare to scroll down to see. I could not handle the truth.

It is night time; I am watching the day's news before calling it a day. I see brutality in Syria. People are dropped into rivers as if they are lifeless useless objects on the only place we have abundance of precious life, while others are searching for any molecular evidence of any form of possible life millions of light years away! Here on Earth, the only home we have, people are treated like nothing.

I am being stretched and torn between two extreme opposite worlds, yet on one planet. I feel the pain of a dying star wondering what destiny is awaiting her: will we become a massive Neutron star, with our very own strong magnetic fields, standing proud and powerful living forever, or will we surrender and turn into a black hole just to be sucked into it? Are we embracing eternal life or ensuring absolute death?

No comments: