Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Professional expressions

Do guys ever say in their work-related emails or meetings about a new project or partnership, that could very well be their own idea or related to their own interests and passions, "It is exciting!", "I am so excited about this!", "I cannot wait to get started", "I look forward to working with you/on this" .... or is it just that I have only experienced hearing such expressions from my female collaborators? Or is it that females feel more comfortable expressing these feelings with their female colleagues and such exchange of expressions does not happen in collaborations among opposite genders?

My male professional readers, have you ever used such expressions about your work? If so, have you only said it to your male colleagues or do you recall saying it to your female colleagues too? (and please, do not cheat if the female colleague is/was your wife or girlfriend). If you had these feelings and thoughts, and never expressed them, what was stopping you? I am just wondering!

I think such simple expressions can move mountains. It motivates and encourages people; makes them go the extra mile. It does not cost anything, try it! Of course, only if you feel that way. There is nothing worse than a fake expression in my opinion!

No comments: