Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Writer's block of its own kind
I have been struggling to finish a paper. Not because it is hard, not because I need more analysis, better results, or some theorem to be proved. No! I have all the information and content ready. In fact, I have more than what is needed for a casual conference paper. I just had to put them all together, narrate the story, and make it sound coherent. Initially I was aiming for a November 14 deadline. I was working full speed. Then as I approached the deadline, I learned that November 14 deadline was for abstract submissions and I in fact have till December 19 to finish the paper. I was relieved. Maybe that has slowed me down. But it does not change the fact that I need to ask for comments from my colleagues and coauthors. Considering that I am working with scientists of a different field for the first time, it may take a while to converge to a final version. So it is important to finish it soon. I only have to finalize 2 subsections (5.2, 5.3) of a paper with 6 sections total. Why I do not seem to be able to finish it? I had never experienced such a long writer's block, if that is what I should call it. I do not know what it is, or what is going on. I better put my act together, especially that I initiated this all myself and convinced others to support me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment