Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Boundaries Affirmations*

Reminder to self on an angry and stressful day:

- I have the right to be who I am and to stand up for myself.
- I deserve to be treated with respect.
- I always have the right to express what I feel and think, so long as I don't tell others what is right for them.
- I accept my right to be imperfect and to do so without feeling guilty.
- No one has the authority to tell me what to feel, what to think, or what to do.
- If I stand up for myself I will have more courage and I will be happier.

* From a training I attended by the founder of www.markasachs.com .

2 comments:

Mehrnaz Memar said...

Also the book: When I say no, I feel guilty; would be helpful too.

It has helped me.

Nargess said...

Thanks, will check it out.