Friday, April 12, 2013

My Sanctuary

Unfinished businesses and trails of thoughts are carried with me every night as I leave my small office.  Worries of the next day, weeks, months' milestones, deadlines, and meetings are with me.  I wake up, have breakfast, and drive just to get to where things happen, to make them happen, with some sense of urgency, day after day.  Then, when I open the office door, just as I sit behind my desk, an amazing sense of peace and quiet conquers me.  It has not got old and does not fail. It is as if by just being here, my own little corner, everything is going to be just fine.  The fact that I made it here one more day calls for celebration.  The quiet early hour in the morning, no officemates, no meetings, no family, no events, only me, my thoughts, my plans, my brain.  I rule my universe in that early hour of the day.  I am in my sanctuary. I am home.

1 comment:

radius said...

This must indeed be a very special type of office. Not the dim, badly aired cells as in Terry Gilliams movie "BRAZIL". Your description sounds more like a studio, where you develop your most brilliant ideas and wrote the nice poems of your blog. I hope, however, you don't forget completely the outside world.
best regards, Michael