Friday, August 10, 2012

Relax!

This was sitting in my drafts, a note I wrote a while back when I was juggling so many work, personal, and family tasks and get togethers.  It is good not to forget this note. 
 
I have recognized an issue recently that I need to resolve for myself: I tend to create so many personal deadlines and obligations for myself that I then try to fulfill with a sense of urgency. I stress myself over the self imposed deadlines and tasks, and then get upset when people involved in those tasks do not even care.  For example, if I have not seen a friend or a family member for a while, I feel guilty, I feel it is my duty to make a plan, make things happen, or that it looks bad if I do not.  I compromise the much needed alone time, time to relax, do the errands, or even work, just to realize later no one really cared if I did that or not, and the whole thing for me to stress over was such a mute point.

I know the problem, but I do not know how I can make myself care less, relax, let go. Maybe like B tells me sometimes: "Do not create work for yourself!".

No comments: