A stormy Friday night with tornado watches and a runny and congested nose due to I do not know allergy or cold, made me take it easy, become a couch potato, and watch a chick flick, and honestly, I realized how much I had missed it. Anyways, the movie is the Holiday, and I just liked this conversation:
he: "So, he's a schmuck."
she: "As a matter of fact, he is... a huge schmuck. How did you know?"
he:
"He let you go. This is not a hard one to figure out. Iris, in the movies
we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell,
are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best
friend."
she: "You're so right. You're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake!"
So true! Only if all girls learned this sooner than later! Or not! Maybe behaving like the best friend is our natural evolutionary mechanism of not wanting to be the leading lady of a schmuck!!
Friday, June 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment