Thursday, July 18, 2013

Innovation

A cool idea comes to my mind. I start brainstorming, writing notes, adding more thoughts, scenarios, cases. It looks like I have something going, I tell to myself. I feel the adrenalin rush. What if it turns to something big, what if it changes one city, one country, then the world. What if, ...? Then, you think of the logistics. How would I make it happen? Who would I bring on as team members? Should I quite my job? Where would I get funding from? I am convinced it is something worth pursuing. Then, I check the internet. I search for similar ideas and technologies. Someone else is on it already. Not too long ago, a company launched just a year ago. Someone is few steps ahead of you. It does not matter you thought you were a genius and came up with the idea all on your own, without cheating. It does not matter, it is being done. For those few minutes when you were feeling creative and innovative, that excitement, that adrenaline rush, that was enjoyable. It makes you want to experience it again. Maybe once for real, without it fading away. Are there any cool ideas left that someone has not explored yet and matches my passions too? I wonder. There is no other way around, other than to keep looking, and thinking. It is hard to be innovative in this day and age, I think.

1 comment:

Mehrnaz Memar said...

I would stick to that joy and that would become my goal...to be innovative for the sake of being innovative would not be enough,I think.