"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right
thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you
can do is nothing."
--Theodore Roosevelt
In today's leadership seminar, the instructor used this quote to make her point. As I listened, my mind drifted away to so many years of my life witnessing adults and even society's decision-makers not making any decisions, doing nothing, at many moments of decision. I wonder how so many things, my life, my family members' and others' lives, would have been different had more adults practiced making decisions, good or bad, during my childhood.
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Nargess, I like your thoughts, although I think we are even more determined by pure chance (such as the fusion of maternal and paternal germ cells in 1 out of several billion possibilities) and what happend around us after we are born, chains of random events that follow one after the other and than, by pure coincidence, we run into somebody on the street and he or she changes our life so dramatically. Nobody made a decision, it just happened, and if the chain of random events would have been slightly distorted, who knows where we would have ended.
regards, Michael
Post a Comment