Thursday, November 8, 2012

Historic Day! (For me ;-) )

Today was a memorable day. I presented to the big boss!  Well not the biggest boss who just got elected, but our center director ;-) and not because I was trying to get on his calendar, push an agenda, or get face time, but because he wanted to learn about a topic that I had recently presented somewhere else, the news of which had appeared in our directorate's newsletter.  He wanted to meet me and learn about my work and it made it all much sweeter and more surreal.  I was on trip a month ago when I received his request.  The day finally came.  The meeting went great, and he was very pleasant to talk to.  It gave me great hope and optimism to know we have such a bright, down-to-earth, great leader, with such a great appetite for learning and knowledge, with a great sense of wonder and curiosity,

As if that was not enough, later today I attended our annual technology office award ceremony, to receive a patent award with one of my project's team members.  And, these two events and projects were not related to each other at all! I presented to the center director on a different topic.

I have some renewed enthusiasm and energy to get things done tomorrow. Friday!  I am just glad I can do it in jeans and sneakers, because between you and me, I could not stand those high heels anymore, at the end of the day.


No comments: