Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Enigma of Survival

There are so many reminders every day about how fragile we human beings are.   When faced with life events, sometimes you wonder how much more as an individual or as a human on this planet can you really take?  We face diseases, car accidents, plane crashes, tsunamis, earthquakes, heartbreaks, loss of lives of dear ones,  volcanoes, oil spills, mine collapses, water leaks, explosions, wars, political turmoils, ..., the list goes on.  What keeps us going despite all this?  How is it even statistically possible for us to live as long as we do, or to be willing to carry on day after day?  I am baffled. As long as we are alive, we almost always seem to get passed different crisis somehow.  I look back at those times in my own life.  As alone as I might have felt during hard times, it must have been really for the people in my life who kept me sane.  Those who were there just to listen, to visit, to simply be there.  Maybe, that is what makes all the difference: being connected to other human beings.  We need to be kind to each other.  We simply won't survive otherwise.





2 comments:

Daisy said...

this blog has become one of my favourite blogs :)

Nargess said...

Really? :-) Thanks for your kindness. I often wonder how my posts are perceived, and it is hard to know without any feedback.