Grown-ups like to make heroes of themselves
For making sacrifices for their kids
For doing this and that for their sakes
You look deeper and you see
So often the innocent angels are used as tools
For pushing grown-ups' dirty games
They are used and manipulated
Their innocent hearts are scratched
And no matter how hard you try
You cannot really do anything
For s/he is not your kid
You have no authority
You are helpless
You watch
All you can do is just to be there,
"Just be there for them",
You think,
And that is all you can do
You are helpless
I am helpless
Hoping not to break into tears this afternoon
When I see my angels
For I do not know how much longer I can enjoy these regular gatherings
My heart is in one thousand pieces
And all I can do is just to be
Just be
Just be the aunt they love
Just be
Maybe they remember
Maybe
Maybe
Just be
Just be
Just be
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment