I told you the truth,
You laughed at me,
You had already believed a stranger's story over mine,
and that hurt badly,
You laughed at me,
Right before I realized you do not believe in me,
You laughed at me,
And I did not even care to explain,
After all, you believed another story,
You did not believe in me,
You did not bother to ask me,
Instead, you laughed at me.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Who laughed at you? Did it really matter? Maybe he laughed at your deed or a funny thing you said.
I don't know.
But I know Hafez purposely wore beggars clothes and sat at the corner of streets to be laughed at by people and to shatter the image he had of himself as "Shakhsiat".
Well, one can argue we are not Hafez. True. And I am naive too.
It was not about anything funny I did or said. I was asked a simple question. I gave a simple answer. My friend laughed sarcastically because he did not believe my response:
"I told you the truth,
You laughed at me,
You had already believed a stranger's story over mine,
and that hurt badly,"
It mattered because he was a close friend. I was not shattered because someone laughed at me (like a stranger laughing at my appearance), rather because the laughing indicated a close friend I trusted did not believe me, or rather I believed in him more than I should have.
Well, everything you say; I can't help but to answer through my Sufism, and it makes it all the more complicated.
I think it matters insofar as you look at it only as an experience in which you would know a so called friend, or your self in relation with him better. But when it comes to getting hurt; my "ideal" Sufism is not to get hurt by this.
What Hafez did was not an attempt to become able to be laughed at for his appearance. His deed had much deeper implications.
Post a Comment