You made it so easy for me to quit,
I so very much wish to do so too,
But then I think again,
What will happen in that case,
The opportunities will be only yours,
So will be the credit of all my hard work,
So will be the claim that women cannot just make it,
There was nothing to stop her, was there? No, she quit!
Historical lessons become all much more meaningful,
Even when dealing with much less sever hardships,
It would be nice to be like Gandhi, like Dr. King,
Practicing non-violent resistance,
Even in a small lab.
No, sir.
I won't give you the luxury of me quitting.
After all, it is not about you.
It is about the work,
The mission I am so proud to contribute to,
And be part of despite all its hardships.
It is about the work,
And I am not going to let you get that away from me.
You better learn to accept me, or at least tolerate me,
After all, I am not going anywhere!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I loved this poem. Especially the feminist part and the non-violence resistance part and the logic of the whole poem (who says poems are illogical? Come and read Nargess) and the simplicity and easy to follow pattern of it and...
I loved it.
Thanks :-)
Post a Comment