Sleepover.
Victoria: "Aunt Nargess?!"
Me: "Yes?".
Victoria: "Do you have a flash light?"
Me: "Yes, why?"
Victoria: "We can play flash light tag, and tell spooky stories at night".
Me: "Spooky stories chie? We will have a pillow fight!".
Natalie, Victoria: "Yeaahhhh!".
Natalie: "Aunt Nargess!?"
Me: "Yes?"
Natalie: "Can we have pillow fight now?"
Me: "We will have it when we sleep".
Natalie: "Aunt Nargess?!"
Me: "Yes?"
Natalie: "Can we sleep now?"
Me: "I am not ready yet, it is early"
Natalie: "But we are ready ...".
----------------------------------------
Trying to fall sleep:
Victoria: "Aunt Nargess?!"
Me: "Yes?"
Victoria: "Can we have toast and Nutella for breakfast tomorrow?"
Me: "Yes".
Victoria: "Aunt Nargess?!"
Me: "Yes?"
Victoria: "I love you".
Me: "I love you too honey".
----------------------------------------
In the morning....
Victoria: "Aunt Nargess?!"
Me: "Yes?"
Victoria: "I am hungry".
Me: "Ok, we will have breakfast soon".
Victoria: "What time is breakfast?"
Me after looking at the clock, God it is just 7:35 am on a Sunday: "8 o'clock".
-------------------------------------------------------
At breakfast table:
Natalie: "Aunt Nargess!?"
Me: "Yes?"
Natalie: "I miss you".
Me: "I am right here honey, in front of you!".
Natalie: "Excuse me one moment, I will be right back".
She goes to the other room, where I could not see her.
She called: "Aunt Nargess!?".
Me: "Yes!?"
Natalie: "I miss you!"
------------------------------------------------------
After breakfast:
Natalie: "Aunt Nargess?!"
Me: "Yes?"
Natalie: "Can we go to the park together?"
Me: "Yes".
I thought for a bit and continued:
"But you have to play with each other, I cannot run around and play with you".
Natalie frowned, and went to the study:
"We are not coming out until you say you will play with us!".
I continued checking emails and using the silence.
Natalie opens the door: "Aunt Nargess?!"
Me: "Yes?"
Natalie: "Can you please say that because we really want to come out".
-------------------------------------------------------
After the park, the kids were watching cartoons, I had the computer on my lap, and Victoria is sitting behind me on the coach, acting as a hair dresser and playing with my hair.
Victoria: "aunt Nargess! You have a white hair!".
Natalie: "Victoria, she is too young to have white hair!".
"Well, she does.", Victoria responded as she pulled out that strand of hair as evidence and held it in the air.
Me: "Yes honey, I do. Thanks for pointing that out."
-------------------------------------------------------
The next day, I open my drawer to take out a shirt. There is a letter on top:
"Dear Aunt Nargess,
.... I miss you with all my heart. .... eat healthy.
I love you. I'll be thinking of you.
Love, Natalie."
... and I start the day with a smile, not knowing how on earth I deserve this.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why not????!!!!
Post a Comment